Founded in 1989, Strategic Management Partners operates as a consortium of professionally qualified and highly experienced business managers.
We are supported by innovative specialist experts, selected per project.
This allows us to offer a wide choice of services so clients can avoid the problems of multiple supply sources.
It also reduces costs since consultants are not an ongoing fixed overhead, which means clients pay only if and when they are contracted for delivery on site.
Our founder and principal consultant is Clive Bonny. He has over 25 years commercial experience in delivering bottom line benefits for client teams from the MD to the receptionist. Many years advisory experience with Investors in People, Innovation and Enterprise Agencies has produced many national award winning projects. Clive has delivered over 50 government funded business growth schemes for small to medium sized businesses through enterprise support programmes. Clive also works closely with large corporates and the public and not-for-profit sectors.
Results have brought clients increase in turnover with more sales, reduction in costs with process improvements, and improved recruitment and retention with employer branding and employee vetting. SMP’s associates are qualified and experienced advisors. Clive is a founder of a not-for-profit Innovation Forum and delivers consultancy funded by government bodies to bring innovative products and services to market. Previous roles have included Chairman of a national business consortium, and Programme Developer for professional institutes.
His business research on best practice has been published by The Economist and endorsed by industry leaders including the Director General of the Institute of Directors, Chairman of Investors in People and the late Sir John Harvey-Jones, past Chairman of ICI. Clive has delivered Alliance Partnering programmes for corporates and smaller enterprises and his alliance partners include:
* Benchmarking Networks linking businesses for Best Practice
* The Professional bodies for Business Consulting www.ibconsulting.org.uk
* The Royal Society of Arts, Manufactures & Commerce as a Fellow
* Enterprise Agencies and Corporate Responsibility Networks
He has supported the national launch of Improvement and Development Agency toolkits for Sports and Culture, and Wellbeing to reduce exposure to workplace risks, and promote employee health, engagement and motivation.
Clive has a particular interest in alliance partnering with other specialist service providers for:
- Innovative new product and service development
- Grant funding for high growth organisations
- Managing business continuity risk and reputation
Project Managing Investors In Excellence And Quality Awards
- Project managed National Awards for excellence in HR Development
- Implemented company-wide communication and culture surveys
- Realigned strategy using Balanced Scorecard and Business Excellence Model
- Created best practice initiatives across the supply chain
Diagnosing Organisation Effectiveness
- Designed risk management strategies to comply with the law
- Performed skills audits to prepare for restructuring
- Evaluated individual effectiveness through assessment centres
- Measured training effectiveness to calculate benefits
Implementing In-house Development
- Operated Train the Trainer programmes for in-house cross-skilling
- Created and led outdoor team-working events to increase synergy
- Coached job-holders at work avoiding cost of absence
- Designed workshops on creativity and innovation
Reinforcing Personal Learning
- * Set up in-company Learning Libraries to follow up training
- * Delivered seminars on reputation and dilemma management
- * Arranged mentoring schemes for long-term development
- * Organised action learning sets for skills transfer
Setting Up Systems
- Improved induction and 360 degree appraisal systems
- Performed psychometric assessments for recruitment and development
- Recommended Codes of Conduct and dilemma helplines
- Designed competency maps for knowledge management
Customer Relationship Management Programmes
- Performed customer surveys and mystery shopping
- Developed strategies, polices and procedures for Alliance Partnering
- Advised managers in Benchmarking and Supply Chain Management
- Created Supplier Partnerships for sharing best practice
Interim Management Sales, Marketing and HR
- Produced Marketing Plans to gain market share and enhanced brand value
- Improved sale force productivity rates by 40% and forecast accuracy from 35% to 80%
- Reduced operating expenses from 41% to 29% of revenues in 12 months
- Expanded client accounts from 487 to over 4000 in 24 months
- Facilitated strategic planning workshops across all operating functions to manage business risk
- Coached senior managers into Directorships for sales, marketing and HR roles
- Increased monthly revenues from £8K to £62K per person in six months