Beacon Hill Local Nature Reserve (LNR) is situated between Rottingdean & Ovingdean.
- On the southern edge of the nature reserve is a pitch & putt golf course which has fallen into disuse.
- A golf course building was previously utilised as a café, public toilet and to store golf clubs.
- It is within the South Downs National Park.
- The land is owned by Brighton & Hove City Council.
We have proposed to the council that:
- The land should become part of the nature reserve with a proportion retained for public amenity.
- Beacon Hub Brighton CIO be granted permission to re-develop the existing building as a ‘hub’ for community & educational use.
The current status of the project is:
- A 15 year lease has been agreed and we are currently in negotiation with B&HCC regarding terms including land usage.
- We are working with a team of structural engineers and architect to re-develop the building.
Download the full presentation here: